Youtube Ads is one of the best ways to promote a product. However, the approach needs to be right to meet your expectations.
YouTube is typically good for targeting Top of Funnel or Middle of Funnel audiences. In other words, the people you will most likely be targeting won’t convert immediately from this Ad format. While it is certainly possible, keep in mind that this isn’t YouTube Ads’ strong suit.
Best Way To Use YouTube Ads
YouTube Ads are great for keeping your brand top of mind and for creating brand awareness. Furthermore, YT Ads can and should also be used to target those who already know about your company at a high level.
Video is a powerful communicator. It helps most brands educate their customers and teach them more about your brand and products. Experienced PPC pros are often needed to capture those showing interest in your Ad, whether it’s through clicks to your website, or a certain percentage of the video that they viewed. The idea here is to retarget them through Bottom Funnel Campaigns.
Using YouTube Ads To Increase Conversions
There’s a YouTube Ad Format that works best for converting directly, TrueView for Action. Here is what Google has to say about it.
TrueView for action campaigns help drive leads and conversions by adding prominent CTAs (calls-to-action) and headline text overlays to your video Ads. Using this campaign subtype, you can encourage customers to explore your product or service, share their contact information and take other actions valuable to your business.
How Does It Work ?
TrueView for action campaigns are made up of CTAs (calls-to-action) and a headline.
- TrueView for action campaigns can only run on the in-stream ad format. In other words, your ads will play before, during, or after another video on YouTube. These ads give viewers the possibility to skip them after 5 seconds.
- Headlines can contain up to 15 characters and is the primary line of text next to your video ad.
- Headlines promotes your product or service.
- CTAs can contain up to 10 characters and appears alongside your headline.
- CTAs direct people to the website you specify as your final URL.
- TrueView for action campaign ads can increase viewer engagement and encourage people to take action after your video plays.
Ultimately, hiring a pro is the best way to run YouTube Ads.